BridesView Cares About Your Privacy
At BridesView, we take the trust you place in us to protect your privacy seriously. We will be transparent about what information we collect when you use our products and services, why it is collected and how we use it to improve your experience. Four basic principles describe our approach to privacy:
- We collect and use information in order to build better products for you, our users
- We aim to make the collection of personal information transparent
- We encourage, and in some instances require, copyright holders to notify others' whose privacy is impacted by content submitted to the site
- We will responsibly use and guard the information we collect
Last modified: October 9, 2011
Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a BridesView account, we ask you for information about yourself. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from third parties or other information collected by BridesView in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- Log information - When you access BridesView services via a browser, application or other client, we automatically record certain information. These logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Usage information - As you use BridesView, we may store and use information about your usage of the site, such as photos you view and/or love, tags or other characteristics related to those photos, users who uploaded such photos, vendors associated with such photos, how you browse for content, which content you upload and more.
- Content Uploaded to Site - Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., photos, comments, Loves, your profile page, your BrideBoard) may be collected and used by others.
- User communications - When you send email or other communications to BridesView directly or through 3rd party services, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data - BridesView is a location-enabled services. When you use our services, we may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as an IP address). This data may be used to improve the quality of our services, such as by improving the targeting of content by geography to provide more relevant content.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of BridesView or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
BridesView processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. We may process personal information outside your own country.
As we introduce controls to enable you to determine how your information should be user, you will be able adjust your privacy settings under your account settings.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some BridesView features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
BridesView only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of BridesView in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of BridesView, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures, including licensing third party services, to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. You should know though that no system is fool-proof and even world class systems suffer breaches or errors from time to time. If security issues do arise, we will aim to learn from them to improve our systems for the next time.
We restrict access to personal information to BridesView employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use BridesView services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain our services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
BridesView adheres to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement, and is registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Program.
©BridesView . About BridesView . Feedback